Wednesday, July 14, 2010

TIME - a dressmaker specializing in alterations

Coming back to blogging after a long time. Never say I was busy but never allotted much time to write. Last long weekend went for a long trip and one stop over was Pittsburg. Obviously to SV Temple. Here Im not going to write about the temple. I came across a situation, when sometimes I feel like a jerk. And this was one kind of that. Before entering temple I took my MIL for refreshment. But what we did was left our shoes out in the shoe stand and entered in. I was in total discomfort because of that. As one among many who concentrated much in hygiene stuffs.

Today when I was reading an article I read a saying by James Michener "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home". And I recalled an incident which make me realize how far I have changed these days... I was wondering whether time would change the thinking too???


During my under graduation went to Malmaruvathur temple by following all the temple customs and one among that was not wearing slippers for 10 days. With bare foot only roamed all around and never felt bad that time. When the day started from Madurai, Tamilnadu to Malmaruvathur and visa versa had lot of extrems and never hesitated a bit. Need to use public restrooms, walk on roads, market places. "Hygiene" would that word sparked in my mind that time - NEVER.

Time is a brisk wind, for each hour it brings something new... but who can understand and measure its sharp breath, its mystery and its design? Just travel in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment